1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

WAN Internet Access

Discussion in 'Networking' started by twisted_by_you, Jan 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twisted_by_you

twisted_by_you Thread Starter

we are a company here in cleveland ohio and have a remote site in columbus ohio. as i am not the main tech for networking here but i have to take care of this problem. our site in columbus is connection via a T1 frame relay? connection. Something like that. we also have a t1 running out of the office for our internet connection. we have a machine down there who needs to get to our internet access and it isnt working thus far.

all of our PCs up here are just generic IPs 192.1.1.whatever
    the columbus site's machines (its small) is 192.168.8.whatever

she can't see the windows network up here, but she can connect to her citrix connection so she can connect somehow up here.

i put in the DNS IPs on her machine (which is windows 2000) and it doesn't connect to the internet. her gateway ip is set obviously so she can get to our citrix servers. so i dont know why the windows networking wont work. does anyone have any insight?

it would be greatly appreciated.

2. Rockn

Rockn

If they have a T1 they can get on the internet through their own network. If you want them to be able to use your internet yo need to set your routers up correctly and have them set the gateway address on their workstation to match the gateway you are using. You are on two completely different networks so unless your routing is set up packets have no idea where to route. YOu will also need to set up your firewall if you have one.

3. twisted_by_you

twisted_by_you Thread Starter

well i think their line doesn't go out to the net or something. i think it just comes right to our network. but anyways, seeing as how routers will have to be configured i can throw this in the hands of my partner at our companies I/S department. im still new to networking i just do the hardware here. i start school for it in 2 weeks.

thanks!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/63846

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice