1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

WAN Miniport Locked

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by seejay, Feb 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. seejay

seejay Thread Starter

I have update Windows 7 on my Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop. I do have internet access but not able to view internet and the reason is that the my wireless network connection is locked. I have tried many things and not successful. When I select network connection in control panel there's a red "X" on the wireless network connection. I need some help to direct me in the right direction.

thanks

2. rainforest123

rainforest123

Sorry, but I am unfamiliar with a locked wireless network connection.

Please provide a screenshot of that to which you refer.

Please download, install & run this forum's system info utility. Post the results, please.
    If a laptop, please provide the brand, model & model #.

http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Valuable_links

Please provide a screen shot of Device Manager with view set to show hidden devices & "network adpaters" expanded
    [ left click the "+" to the left of network adapters ]

When did the computer last work well? Sometimes teh exact date is important.

What changed; a hardware or software install or removal; a W7 updte [ check W's update history ]; an update to a program such as Adobe Reader or Java or example; an update to your anti malware [ virus , spyware, etc ] program?

How do you know you have internet access if
    Do you mean that a browser won't open?
    Do you mean that a browser will open but no page is displayed?
    Which browser are you using?
    Have you tried a different browser?

RF123

3. rainforest123

rainforest123

Was the update a W7 update or from Dell?

Please provide a screen shot of your W7 update history.

RF123

4. seejay

seejay Thread Starter

Since I don't have internet I'm not able to sent you some info. The browser opens but not able to display the page. I have a Del Inspiron 1545 with windows 7 home premium. I'm not able to send the other info (device manger and network connection) but this happen when I use windows7 update. Everything was working fine but there was a bug I was trying to get rid of so I use the last thing and that was windows7. When I open network connection there is as red x appears on my local and miniport adapters. How I know I have internet by opening network and sharing center. I have tried all three browsers, chrome, firefox and ie9.

thanks

5. rainforest123

rainforest123

Dear seejay:
    Have you a flash drive to which you could save [ or transfer to ] the requested screen shots & system info, or burn to a CD?

Why kind of bug? Malware, a glitch in the system, other?

On the problem computer:
    Open an elevated command prompt.
    Type: cd\
    Press enter
    type: ping yahoo.com
    enter
    Please report the results.

Try IE9 with no add ons
    start > programs /all programs > accessories > system tools > IE 9 no add ons

Try FF using FF's safe mode, which is not the same as W7's safe mode.
    start > programs /all programs > mozilla > mozilla FF > M FF safe mode

Try using W7's safe mode with networking

RF123

RF123

6. lunarlander

lunarlander

In netwrok connection, right click on your adapter and choose Diagnose.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1088248

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice