1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

WAN not working on Wireless Network

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Jay_one, Jul 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jay_one

Jay_one Thread Starter

Im trying to setup the Internet connection on a wireless network. The network has been setup using a 'Belkin 802.11G Wireless router', 'Belkin 802.11G Wireless network card' and a 'D-Link DSL-300T modem'. The connection from the computer to the router seems to be working ok, as i can access the router's web based control panel. I can also access the modems web based control panel.

I have entered the information for the internet account on the modem (which is 'Bulldog Broadband') and although the status light keeps flashing on the modem, the modem appears to be picking up an IP address from the ISP as it begins with '81'. But I cannot access the internet.

Any ideas??

Thanks.

2. StumpedTechy

StumpedTechy

Not to sound too simplistic but has the bulldog modem been connected to the wireless g router? also you mention setting up your settings on the wireless router I am assuming you got those from the isp to ensure you setup the right info?

3. Jay_one

Jay_one Thread Starter

the modem is not official for the isp, and it is connected correctly to the router in the internet/wan port. The username and password were fropm the ISP. I think it is the WAN settings in the router. If i select the ADSL option, then it asks for the details for the isp again. This can't be right if they have already been given in the modem's control panel.

4. StumpedTechy

StumpedTechy

Have you tested a PC plugged directly into the 'D-Link DSL-300T modem'? Do you get connectivity when you do that? then you can figure from that if the problem is the modem config or the router config.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/383466

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice