Wanna convert JPEG to BMP

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

xico

Is it possible to convert one format to another? I thought so, but I'm having trouble doing it.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

What I'm trying to do is convert a photo to an icon. The free icon converter I have is ignoring the JPEG files totally, but it recognizes BMPs.

What problems are you having and what program are you using to convert? It should be no problem to convert a JPG to a BMP.

I just saved a JPG as a BMP in Irfanview and opened the BMP in Photoshop. The image seemed normal.

xico

slipe said:
What problems are you having and what program are you using to convert? It should be no problem to convert a JPG to a BMP.

I just saved a JPG as a BMP in Irfanview and opened the BMP in Photoshop. The image seemed normal.
I just downloaded it from PCWorld, it's a pic converter that only converts a very small
portion of the photo. Two reviews said that it was all but worthless. I agree. The little worthless program recognizes BMP, but won't recognize JPEG, so I thought I'd try converting the JPEG to BMP, but it's not worth it.

Thanks!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online