1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wanna convert JPEG to BMP

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by xico, Jan 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. xico

xico Thread Starter

Is it possible to convert one format to another? I thought so, but I'm having trouble doing it.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.

What I'm trying to do is convert a photo to an icon. The free icon converter I have is ignoring the JPEG files totally, but it recognizes BMPs.

2. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

3. ferrija1

ferrija1

Or do you mean PNG? As they can be icons too.

4. slipe

slipe

What problems are you having and what program are you using to convert? It should be no problem to convert a JPG to a BMP.

I just saved a JPG as a BMP in Irfanview and opened the BMP in Photoshop. The image seemed normal.

5. xico

xico Thread Starter

I just downloaded it from PCWorld, it's a pic converter that only converts a very small
    portion of the photo. Two reviews said that it was all but worthless. I agree. The little worthless program recognizes BMP, but won't recognize JPEG, so I thought I'd try converting the JPEG to BMP, but it's not worth it.

Thanks!

6. xico

xico Thread Starter

Thanks brendan! I think I'm going to go with IrfanView. Thought I had something, but the program is almost worthless and it wouldn't recognize the JPEG files.

7. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

[tsg=yourewelcome]yourewelcome[/tsg]

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/537484

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice