1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Want Flash file to play sounds only ONCE

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by merlynda, Apr 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. merlynda

merlynda Thread Starter

Hope someone is good with Flash files. I only want this movie I made and put on my index page to play the sound once.

So, if a visitor clicks on "products" and then goes back to the home page...I do not want the movie to play the sounds again.

So, basically, the movie should just play sounds only when you first come to the website.

Any clue? Thanks to all.

2. merlynda

merlynda Thread Starter

OK. This isn't the "coolest" solution, but here is what I did to get the sound to only play once.

I just made an index-2 file and attached a .swf with no sound to that file. Then I just linked all the pages to index-2 instead of index.

No more sound everytime you press home. Only when you first enter the page.

Thanks!!!!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/129062

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice