Want identical fields in Access Form so only duplcates in one direction

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

DinkyShadow

How can I have field have the same numeric value as field [A], but then be able to manually enter a different value for without it also changing [A]? EG: Price for Monday automatically is price for Tuesady, but if change Tuesday, Monday does not also change.

OBP

One of the easiest ways is to use some simple VBA in the first fields "After Update" event procedure. The VBA would be
me.b = me.a
or
me.b.value = me.a.value
where a and b are the field names with no spaces in them.
If the field names have spaces in them then use
me![field name] = me![first field name]
where the names in the brackets are your field names or you can let the VB Editor supply the name from a list when you press the ".".
This will only work in one direction, i.e. it will only update field b's value with field a's. If you enter data by overwriting what is in field b it will not affect field a at all.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online