Want IE to launch with AOL, can you help?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

blackberrybunny

How do I configure AOL and IE so that when I launch IE6, AOL automatically launches and starts to dial? I have a new-used PC that I bought at a yard sale, and when I click on it's IE icon, AOL automatically launches and starts to dial. How do I set this up on my PC?

Styxx

Banned
Try going into IE; Internet Options and under the Connections tab ensure 'always dial my default connection' is checked. In Dial-Up Networking AOL should be the only connection listed there for Windows to consider it the Default connection then restart your computer. Back at desktop try your configuration changes.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online