want OE back, HATE windows live mail, please somebody

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

desireepp

Dd
I am getting this message from windows live mail where I have to accounts ( hotmail + gmail)

Error de servidor: 4102
Servidor: 'http://mail.services.live.com/DeltaSync_v2.0.0/Sync.aspx'
Id. de error de Windows Live Mail: 0x8DE00001

I want my outlook express back, still cannot get used to WLM, unfortunately am stuck with Windows 7 till I can afford a MAc.
Can anybody help me please??
Suggestions?

THANK YOU,
Rgds

Dd

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Microsoft Outlook Express 6 cannot be installed and used in Windows 7.

If you want to use the same account and E-mail address that you used with Windows XP, you need to install and configure Microsoft Office Outlook.

----------------------------------------------------------------

If you have HOTMAIL and G-MAIL accounts, there's no need to go through Windows Live Mail to access them. You can access them through here:

https://login.live.com/login.srf?wa...x&lc=1033&id=64855&mkt=en-us&cbcxt=mai&snsc=1

https://www.google.com/accounts/ServiceLogin?hl=en&continue=http://www.google.com/

desireepp

Dd
thanks for this; I am aware I can access my accounts individually- must have been the first hotmail accountee back in 1996!

my issue is having an OE "work-a-like" tohold both accounts and funstion as I used to, with OE - which WLM does not do.

Tks again
Dd

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Windows 7 is a great operating system, but one of its complaints was the removing of the built-in Email program.

I found Windows Live Mail had a bit of a learning curve, but am happy with it now...
Vicks

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
LizzyBPKTA,
Windows Mail came ONLY with Vista, and is NOT being supported by MS.
It was replaced by Windows Live Mail, which the OP does not care for.

If you read the thread at your link, you will see that that site REMOVED the link to down load "Windows Mail" see post #16 of that thread.

I used that link last year when I first got my laptop with 7 and windows mail installed fine on 7 and worked great. I too could not stand windows live mail. I need to run 2 servers and with windows mail it would have my road runner mail on the top and my AOL mail on the bottom of the screen and I could not get windows live mail to work the same with 2 servers like windows mail did was my problem and I couldn't save and store siggies or I was too stupid to see where to do it in there.

I now use incredimail and it works great to run 2 servers like I need. The only problem I had with doing the mail hack was recently when I got the update for SP1 it wouldn't install because of that but I found on those forums some where how to fix that and then SP1 installed fine. If you follow the instrcutrions to a T on that site windows mail will install perfect. Mary

desireepp

Dd
thank you all for your inputs
will not give up!

am saving cents for a Mac :eek:)

thanks again, cheers and rgds
Dd

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
thank you all for your inputs
will not give up!

am saving cents for a Mac :eek:)

thanks again, cheers and rgds
Dd
Do you REALLY think that a Mac will solve your problems? :D :confused: :rolleyes:

I used to use macs myself and was really hating the fact of how much they are with regards to hardware, i would just suggest either building ur own PC and use whatever flavor of win ur comfortable with, with higher quality if wanted for say gaming or just plain performance, for hardware, compared to the types of PC brand makers make kinda hilarious as well from them to and a bit overcharged. at least some if not most of them...

desireepp

Dd
compared to the types of PC brand makers make kinda hilarious as well from them to and a bit overcharged. at least some if not most of them...

ooops, toffuuu - sorry, didn´t quite undersdtand this part. did grasp that you are no fan of Mac´s; I must admit, I dont care for games, design features etc, just plain office, logistics and work stuff. Must make my life easier! So will consider your suggestion instead of following the pied piper into the sea! :)
Any suggestions as to what I should look out for ( as in laptops, I mean)
In any case, much appreciated you answering the feed
great
bye
dd

ooops, toffuuu - sorry, didn´t quite undersdtand this part. did grasp that you are no fan of Mac´s; I must admit, I dont care for games, design features etc, just plain office, logistics and work stuff. Must make my life easier! So will consider your suggestion instead of following the pied piper into the sea! :)
Any suggestions as to what I should look out for ( as in laptops, I mean)
In any case, much appreciated you answering the feed
great
bye
dd
Its not fan thing at all really, just hate how greedy apple is is all, I still do like macs but im on a very limited budget when it comes to PC of any sort, and when i mean by building puters well that would be desktop types... but um i would check out http://www.newegg.com
they have everything there brand PCs laptops, and parts for ppl who build there own, it is where i got my parts for my build... and prices for lappys there arent at all that high for some but of course lower it is might not be what ya always want, but should be able to do what ya need... look at the section under PC's & laptops

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online