1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

want to change opening music when I turn on computer

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by gabenava, Jan 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gabenava

gabenava Thread Starter

I want to change the opening music when I turn on the computer. I have a music file that I downloaded from I tunes that I want to substitute for opening music that I presently use. Thank You. I have a new e-mail address. It is [email protected].

2. Rollin_Again

Rollin_Again

Not smart to post your email addy in a public forum. The SPAM bots love to harvest addresses from posts. If you absolutely need to post it remove the @ symbol and type the word "at" instead.

As for your initial question, you can manage your sounds from the Control Panel under the category "Sounds and Audio Devices." Under "Sounds", Look for the program event you want to change such as "Start Windows" and use the browse button to point to the .WAV file you would like to use instead.

Regards,
    Rollin

3. PCG342

PCG342 Banned

Don't do that.
    What version of Windows are you using?
    If you're on XP, go to Control Panel [the "advanced" one with all the options] and open Sounds and Audio Devices. Click the Sounds tab, and in the box labeled Program Events, find the one you want, in your case, probably either "Windows Logon" or "Start Windows," click browse, and find your audio file of choice.

Could be same with ME/2K/9X. I can't remember for the life of me.

4. letchworth

letchworth

Certainly not wanting to "Pile on"-- but, just to clarify-- The point of a forum is to ask questions and give people an opportunity to respond in a safe environment (that's why we all use screen names-- for greater safety).

There are also PMs (personal messages that are not viewed openly to the forum- but just to the individual recipient-- but also within the safety of the forum environment).

Good question-
    letchworth

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/536944

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice