1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

want to change the dedicated video memory

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by deepeshgrg, Apr 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. deepeshgrg

deepeshgrg Thread Starter

hey
    my problem is that the games in my pc doesnt run properly. even small flash games has a very low frame rate. the display isnt fluid at all.

i own a sony viao with windows vista 64 home premium. here is its display settings

Adaptor = Mobile intel 4 series express chipset family
    total graphics memory available = 1759 MB
    dedicated video memory = 128 MB
    system video memory = 0 MB
    shared system memory = 1631 MB

apparently, i cant change the dedicated memory manually from the bios as i used to do in XP. the OS is suppesed to automatically increase video memory as per need. but it doesnt increase enough. i end up with very low picture frame rate even if i have sufficient memory available.

thx u in advance

2. TekTime

TekTime

What games are you trying to play?

"Non-gaming" laptops are not the best for playing graphic intensive games, and I don't think video memory is not neccesarily what is hindering you from playing these games. It could be that your laptop's GPU (Graphics Processing Unit) is not powerful enough to play the games that you want to play, at decent frame rates.

3. deepeshgrg

well u can call my laptop "non gaoming". its is not optimised for game play. n i noticed the problem while trying to play call of duty 4. but the problem is also there when i use a game "Ninja XP" which is a flash game. its total size is 1.45mb. now i hardly think this is due to a lack of a graphics card. i might have screwed up the settings while installing the OS. i intstalled the vista myself. is that possible??

4. TekTime

TekTime

Which settings did you "screw up"?

5. deepeshgrg

no i was asking u if it is possible to screw up the settings while installing the OS. as far as i know everything else is fine.
    plz help me

6. TekTime

TekTime

I can only imagine that some type of read/write error during installation could cause an issue, but I don't know of a way to change the settings during installation that would cause the issues that you are having. I think the problem is just Windows Vista!

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/917076

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice