1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Want to connect 120+hz monitor to my Dell gaming laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Leon89, Oct 2, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. Leon89

Leon89 It's My Birthday! Thread Starter

Hello, I would like to connect a monitor to my gaming laptop: https://laptopmedia.com/laptop-specs/dell-g5-15-5587-4/

I am running windows 10. The laptop has a HDMI 2.0 port and thunderbolt 3. I would like to know to connect the monitor and achieve 120+hz.
    Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. Shazzalive

Shazzalive

First Name:
    Sharron
    HDMI 2.0 supports "4K" up to 60fps. This allows for full-resolution 4K 3D, along with higher-frame-rate 2D content, like (potentially) home videos and computer games. HDMI cables are widely available. HDMI monitors are also readily available.

Connect an HDMI compatible monitor to the HDMI port with the appropriate cable and use the monitor's settings to adjust the frequency.

Note: Not all frequencies are supported in all resolutions. - See below.

* You could well experience difficulty achieving that frequency of 120+ Hz if viewing in 4K resolution.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
  3. Leon89

Leon89 It's My Birthday! Thread Starter

Thanks, The monitor i'm looking at has HDMI 1.4 and my laptop has 2.0. I will be viewing in 1080 x 1920 so will this work?

4. Shazzalive

Shazzalive

First Name:
    Sharron
    I'm waiting for someone else to answer this as I'm not sure and I don't want to give you the wrong answer.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1233726

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice