Want to delete Win 2000 from Win 2K--XP dual boot

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ArtGuy

I have seen the answer to this but now I can't find it. My grandson has Win 2k and XP on one partition with dual boot. He would like to completely remove Win 2K. I have set the booy.ini timeout to 0 but of course that still leaves the Win 2k files on the drive.

Thanks for your help

To remove the files just delete the folder that Windows 2000 is located in. To determine what folder XP is in so not to delete it Run: CMD and type: SET

It will list the XP setting. WINDIR will show the folder that XP is running from, don;t delete it. Windows 2000 is likely in the folder WINNT.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online