1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Want to ditch Incredimail but can't

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by [email protected], Aug 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tucker@large

[email protected] Thread Starter

I have a wierd problem I'm hoping you peeps can help me with.

I normally use Incredimail (all the flouncy crap turned off) as my email client. But just lately it's become slow and make the PC stutter when it's doing it's thing.

So I fired up Outlook Express and tried that. I put in the exact same entries in the Accounts dialogue and for some reason or other it won't get me email. I keep getting errors...

Unable to logon to the server using Secure Password Authentication. Account: '*****@*******.com', Server: 'mail.***********.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Invalid command.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18

As said it's set up exactly like Incredimail but errors all the time. I also tried Pocomail, thunderbird and Eudora and they all error.

Only Incredimail works. Any idea why and any tips/tricks. I also tried to tick boxes that are normally not, just to see if it made any difference but I got a different error.

I want to be able to use something other than Incredimail, probably Thunderbird but we'll see, but only Incredimail works. Help an old fart please.

2. redoak

redoak Gone but never forgotten

Go to IncrediMail 'help' and look for removal instructions. Some time ago I found this info; hopefully, it is still available.
    {redoak}

3. redoak

4. tucker@large

tuc[email protected] Thread Starter

I think you have the wrong end of the stick. Yes I want to get rid of Incredimail, but I know how to do that, that is not the problem.

The problem is I cannot get any other email program to access my account, whereas Incredimail will. Even when I totally uninstall Incredimail I still cannot use any other email application to get my mail.

So Incredimail is not my problem, all the others are! Any ideas?

Please don't post links on Incredimail removal.

5. redoak

Sorry. I thought, perhaps, you still had IM installed. Only trying to be helpful. Good luck.
    {redoak}

6. LauraMJ

LauraMJ Administrator

If you have a firewall, make sure that those other programs are "allowed" in the firewall's settings. :)

7. tucker@large

Oh no I can't beleive how much of a plonker I am. It's all my fault. What a big steaming pile of doo-doo I am :eek:

He's a tip: Outgoing Server Port = 25
    Incoming Server Port = 110

Not the other way around. What a plank. I apologise for my dimness. I will now go an spank myself for being such a dick. :D

8. redoak

"t": It is always nice to discover one's own mistake. Even more so to acknowledge it. [Too many folks do not want to admit a mistake/error and say 'sorry.'] My "good luck" wish for you came true. Let continued good luck be yours!
    {redoak}

9. tucker@large

Thanks redoak, it's the little details that sometimes get a little confusing for me. I have built and maintained many a PC for me and freinds, I have been on countless help trips/phonecalls from people about PC's and then I make a silly mistake like that. It never occured to me to check the Incoming/Outgoing dialogues because I saw the numbers 25 and 110 and didn't think to check they were in the right box. D'oh.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!