Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

want to increase systems speed

777 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Bryan 
#1 ·
i have a p4 1.7 ghz pc having 128 ram and windows xp as operating system.
more than half of my hard disk space is empty but still the starting, shutting down and operating speed is as good as it was in beginning.
i deleted many programs and games directly without goin to add remove directory so there names r still appearing in add remove directory.
how to clear that directory.does it affect the speed.
a guy told me that ur ram may be used in unnecessary processes,is that right?
i have a software of ram booster ,is it the right solution.
tell me how does should i use it and all possible ways to clear unnecessary data to get the best speed.

#2 ·
128meg of ram is not enough for xp. Go and buy yourself a couple of 256 sticks that will give you 512 meg it will run twice as quick, (you'll be amazed) and you'll have less chance of it crashing. ;)

And welcome to TSG:D

#3 ·
i deleted many programs and games directly without goin to add remove directory so there names r still appearing in add remove directory.
Not that this is the cause of your speed problem, but you should think about cleaning this up as well.

Curious. If you found your way to the Add/Remove section, and you see the programs, that you want removed, why not just (properly) uninstalled them from there? It might save you from headaches down the road.

BTW - welcome to the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.