Want to move a file.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

perseous

In the start window then programs and then start I would like to move a program and all the info there. I have tried but to no evail. The only way that I found was to move the whole folder and then click the actual file that I want to run. Thought this works I would like to have it done on its own. When I move the program its self I lose all the data that was there and that really sucks. It is a pop up killer and I don't want to have to put the info in again.

You need to put a Shortcut into the Startup folder. Move your program back where it belongs or re-install it and then drag'n drop a shortcut of the .exe file into the Startup folder.

perseous

Thank you I finally got a chance to use your tip and worked like a charm thank you very much.

This is a general rule.
You don't keep programs in the Start Menu\programs folder. You leave them wherever they are, and simply put a shortcut in the start menu

perseous

Oh ok thank you I am tring to get better at this and with help like this I belive that I will get someday.

Thank you

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online