1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

want to replace avira anti ver with avg free

Discussion in 'General Security' started by bloom, Sep 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bloom

bloom Thread Starter

I have avira antiver installed but want to replace it with avg free.

However in the avira quarantine there are a couple of trogans and worms.

Do I uninstall avira and let the above viruses go back on my hard drive, then install avg and run it, so that it will pick up the viruses I have just deleted from avira.

Or is there another way to get rid of them AND then install avg.

I believe you can delete them, then turn of system restore shut down reboot turn on system resore then run the avg IS that correct

thank you

jean bloom

2. BOILED.frogs__

BOILED.frogs__

I don't see the harm in doing that.
    Just make sure they're all gone and I would probably do one last scan with avira just to be sure any nasties lurking around disappear.

3. j-mcallister

j-mcallister

as long as u follow how to uninstall AVG right, you'll be fine mate and then reboot and install avira

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!