want to set up a comp to share files help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

manitoba1073

heres what i want to do. i want ppl to be able to upload and download files from a comp i have. it is for modding community of gamers. something like an FTP or similar . it will be like a web site, hopefully. or similar

any help is appreciated

manitoba1073

ok got it set up. but it works on comps on my network, but noone so far outside can get in to it.

i have a linksys befw11s4 router. using IIS ftp from microsoft

Your router is acting as a firewall, you need to disable it, you need to go to he's settings and turn it off or configure it in a way that he will let people access to your FTP port...

And unless you have a static IP address or a DynDNS (FREE) you will constantly have to change your settigns every time your WAN interface IP address changes.

manitoba1073

ok ive configured the router and have a static ip, but i have 50/50 sucess rate of others on the net getting to the ftp folder.

any other ideas. FTP://67.136.232.124

its set to anomymis users right now.

Not all FTP clients are set as Anonymous (not anomymis:)) by deafult, it might be the problem, other then that i see no problem, i tryed to connect and it worked fine, tell them to just use Internet Explorer and it should work fine.

"424 can't open data connect" thats what i get when useing firefox. You shoudl try to get it to work w/ firefox since there are more and more people useing it. :) -cnelson.

manitoba1073

cnelson04 said:
"424 can't open data connect" thats what i get when useing firefox. You shoudl try to get it to work w/ firefox since there are more and more people useing it. :) -cnelson.
how do u get it to do that also.

manitoba1073

an error ocuured opening that folder on the FTP Sever. make sure u have permission to acess that folder

details

200 type set to A
227 enter passive mode
426 connection closed transfer aborted

heres one error message

and others have gotten that 425 message

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online