Want to transfer Microsoft Office Home and Student 2010 to n

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

tjp

Hey all,
I have a boxed Microsoft Office Home and Student 2010 that is installed and activated on an old Toshiba laptop. Bought a new Asus and would like to transfer the activated software from the Toshiba to the new one.
Can I do this so that it will be activated on my new computer and avoid going through Microsoft. They have not been any help.
Thanks

tjp

According to the reply here you can activate over the phone :-

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ent-2010/034e2a38-fc65-e011-8dfc-68b599b31bf5

As I read that you can have it on any three computers at the same time.
They keep telling me now that the product key on that boxed version is not authentic and to contact the seller. Crazy - I have it installed and activated on three computers right now, but want to uninstall on the 3rd one and move it. Should I ask for a supervisor?

managed

Allan
Yes ask for a supervisor and send them the link in my last post if possible.

managed

Allan
Click on the link first and read it from the address bar of the browser if you do attempt to send it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online