1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Want to Unfreeze a Frozen Notebook Mouse (Touchpad)

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by johnvrooman, Aug 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. johnvrooman

johnvrooman Thread Starter

Hi,

Windows XP Pro.

At the office I use an external mouse on my computer.

At the end of the day I (usually) unplug the mouse before going into standby mode.

When I forget to disconnect mouse before going into standby mode...when I get home and resume my touchpad ends up being frozen and won't work.(Note: Built-in notebook keyboard does work however).

When this happens the only way I know how to correct the problem is to restart the computer.

Is there some magic or alternative way to unfreeze my mouse without having to restart the computer?

Thanks.

2. Lance1

Lance1

Ctrl \ Alt \ Delete. Click Processes and see if the mouse app is still running. If it is, right click on it and end processes.

3. johnvrooman

johnvrooman Thread Starter

>>
    Ctrl \ Alt \ Delete. Click Processes and see if the mouse app is still running.
    <<
    Hmmm. It would be hard to "click" anything if the mouse was frozen in the first place:)

However, I'll try to execute you suggestion using the keyboard.

Thanks.

Anyone else have ideas, suggestions, solutions? ... There's often more than one way to fix a computer problem.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/261776