1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Want To Upgrade My Graphics Card?!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by washraf818, Apr 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. washraf818

washraf818 Thread Starter

Ok like it states in the title I want to upgrade my graphics card.
    My Desktop PC name & model: HP Pavillion 550-101na
    My Motherboard: 2B52
    If more detail is needed please ask.

Right now I have a dual-graphics card setup which was pre-built when I bought it.
    The Graphics cards are: AMD Radeon R7 Graphics + R5 Dial Graphics.

I want to upgrade to a better graphics card which can support more games, etc.
    Would you know if my motherboard could support an upgrade and what graphics card would you recommend.
    Thanks in advance!

2. washraf818

washraf818 Thread Starter

Sorry I made a mistake, by R5 DIAL Graphics; I meant R5 DUAL Graphics

3. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Your motherboard should be able to support just about any PCI-Express graphics card, but it's a HP with a restricted BIOS and basic hardware. You would however need to upgrade your power supply, the specs say you have a 180 watt power supply and it's a uATX so not your typical size, 180 watts is not enough for nay true gaming card, not even close. You also can't go too crazy on the graphics as your AMD APU(CPU) will probably hold back any of the top cards. There are some uATX power supplies that may be sufficient for gaming but you'd need a quality one and do measures of both the old and new one to make sure it'll fit and is up to the task for powering a higher end graphics cards; the cheap ones are not. To use a standard ATX power supply you would also need a new case. So a new case, power supply, and video card, and still a weak processor. Or sell the computer as is and buy a computer that meets your needs.

This also depends on your budget and what games you want to play. And what in-game resolution and settings you want to play at.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1188567

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice