1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wanting to detach from Google - need replacement suggestions

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by tabitha120, Apr 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tabitha120

tabitha120 Thread Starter

Google managed to thoroughly tick me off recently and I want to detach as much as possible. I am looking for replacement services suggestions, specifically a good email service, a good cloud storage, a good search engine and a good calendar program. I would prefer to not use any Microsoft products, as I don't want all my eggs in one basket and I don't want the same situation that Google caused.

My needs:

For cloud storage I would like over 5 GB free, as I have just over 4 GB in Google Drive right now. I would also like a program that I can access either via PC or Android.

For email, something I can access via PC or Android.

For calendar, something I can access via PC or Android, and allows other people can see my schedule via PC, Android or iPhone.

For search engine, something effective, that is both somewhat broad and yet able to focus in on my search terms.

Thank you.

2. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
  3. TOGG

TOGG

The oddly named 'Duck Duck Go' search engine works fine for me, I haven't used Google for a long time;https://duckduckgo.com

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1225787

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice