1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wanting to sell my computer

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)' started by dabombson, Jul 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dabombson

dabombson Thread Starter

Well, I got a new laptop and im wondering if I should sell my old computer. Was wondering if anyone could roughly estimate how much I might get for it on Ebay.

Memory = 512 (256*2)
    Processor = 1.5
    Graphics Card = Geforce 4 MX
    HardDrive = 30 gigs

Included 15inch Flat Screen Moniter, keyboard, two 10$ speakers, wireless adapter.

Thanks in advance.

2. linskyjack

linskyjack

10 dollars-----seriously, its not worth selling because it is underpowered and ancient. Keep it as a backup.

3. Mulderator

Mulderator

I'd guess between $200 and $300 depending on the condition.

4. dabombson

dabombson Thread Starter

Thanks, for the reply. I very rarely used it.

5. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

It doesn't matter if you used it or not. The age of the technology is what counts. Think about how much you're going to have to charge the buyer for shipping. They can get a brand new computer for less.

6. Mulderator

Mulderator

I agree with Linsky though--better to just keep it for a spare or give it to a relative.

7. Mulderator

Mulderator

Not a laptop.

8. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

But I *think* from the the OP is getting a laptop, and wants to sell the desktop.

By the specs (GF MX 4 video) it's a desktop IMHO. If it includes a CRT montor, the freight would be a killer.

9. Mulderator

Mulderator

Ahhhhh--I misread that--thought he replaced his old laptop with a new one. Now I understand the shipping comment.

I don't think anyone is going to pay much for a desktop on E-bay because the shipping would be significant and destktops are much cheaper than laptops. You may get $100 for it, but I'd keep it for parts for testing other desktops.

10. InfernoReaper

InfernoReaper

it costs roughly $30 to ship something 25 lbs

no research done i just had a case of Monster Energy shipped to my house

11. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

And a CRT is typically 50 lb, then add the Tower...

12. Mulderator

Mulderator

Its not just weight though--it the package gets too large, that costs extra.

There's a Mulder joke in there somehwere! :D

13. wacor

wacor Banned

You need to quit using mirrors that are designed by the car companies that distort the view :D

14. Sianavlis

Sianavlis

My mother just bought a New HP Pavilion PC at Wal Mart with way better specs than that for $300 bucks. So I highly doubt you would get much for that. Just my 2 cents.

15. Wino

Wino

Right place, right time. Just sold a PII 350, 10GB HDD, Modem/voice/fax/data and Wireless NIC, CD-ROM, WIN98SE, KB/Mouse/17" CRT/Stereo Mini speakers for $100 to a guy just ripped off by wife filing for divorce...........he needed his internet...............she kept all the good stuff.:p

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/485314

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice