Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

wants solution

669 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  valis 
#1 ·
dear sir,
I am planning for VPN server ,which connect anywhere including different branch offices with central office,over which i am using video confrencing devices,voip,pcs,biometric machines etc.

1.is any drawback or benefits if use same ip pool for all equipments and lan for all my centers.
or
different ip pool for same devices
or
different ip pool for different locations but same ip for all equipments
for better network infrastructure.

waiting for your reply
Thanks.

#2 ·
You would need different subnets for each site if you are using a layer 3 VPN connection which is pretty much what is used all the time. If you use the same subnet at two or more sites, you'll run into routing issues and traffic will not traverse over the VPN tunnel between sites even if the VPN tunnel is configured correctly. The alternative is to use NAT to mask the subnets being the same.

Alternatively, you can use a layer 2 MPLS VPN. But this requires routers capable of MPLS support and specific support at the provider level. Also, VPNs with MPLS are not the same as VPNs in the common sense. The traffic sent over a VPN with MPLS is NOT encrypted. It is tagged at the layer 2 frame creating a virtual circuit very similar to how VLANs work.

#3 ·
sksvats, I've edited out your email, as that is an excellent way to get yourself on some spam lists.

thanks,

v

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.