wants to go into safemode and don't know why

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cyberbones00

I seem to be having a problem everytime I reboot the system...it always wants to go into safemode and don't know why...but if I give it a hard boot...(shut power off instead of reset then it comes up ok.)..any ideas?

Somewhere in your system, you have a conflict or a corrupted DLL file. Log in under safe mode and run a "thorough" scandisk.

If you have Norton Utilities or similar program run a system check in safe mode also.

Reboot and see if this solves the problem.

If not, post a reply here and we will try something else.

Darren

Tell us a little more about the system cyberbones. What windows version, when did the problem begin, and did you install or uninstall anything recently?

Also many folks think they are in safe mode when they really are only seeing a standard VGA display. It must say safe mode in all 4 corners.

And it might help to give us a thorough look at what is running. Use the StartupList application available from the site below. Just download, unzip and run it, then copy/paste the results to a reply.

http://www.lurkhere.com/~nicefiles/

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online