1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Warcraft 3 on Vista Ulitmate

Discussion in 'Games' started by TaKeN_ZA, Feb 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TaKeN_ZA

TaKeN_ZA Thread Starter

I recently installed Vista Ultimate and everything seems to be working fine besides my wireless (dont care about that atm) and my Warcraft 3

When I try to open it if gives me the follow message:

Warcraft III was unable to initialize DirectX. Please ensure you have DirectX 8.1 or newer installed and that your display drivers are current. DirectX may be found on your Warcraft III install CD under Options.

Iv tried "run as administrator" and compatibility thing. I also tried to download DirectX 9.0c and install that...that didnt work.

Currently I am running DirectX 10 and I think that is what is causing the problem.

http://www.iexbeta.com/wiki/index.ph...atibility_List -- says it should work in ME and so on...tried that ...didnt work

Iv spoken to 1 guy that said his Warcraft 3 is working fine for him and his friends on Vista. Maybe it has something to do with my hardware also...GFX maybe.

Iv got XP and Vista installed...on dif partions and the PC im using:
    Dell Inspiron 9100
    Radeon 9800 256mb - with latest drivers
    3.0Ghz P4 HT
    1gig ram

Theres gotta be someone out there that can help me ...plz... :confused:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/543716

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice