Warcraft 3 Weird Scrolling Problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Timichio

I've been playing Warcraft 3 on my old Windows 98 PC for a couple of years now. After having a bit of a break I thought I'd try it on my new XP machine. For the first couple of days it worked fine. There are no graphical glitches or anything like that.

The problem suddenly occurred when I played an online game and now whenever I want to scroll (using the mouse or keyboard) it jumps to the edge of the screen in whatever direction I was scrolling in! Am I missing something here, because this has never happened before. It just makes the game completely unplayable because I can never hover over the units because it jumps to the edge of the screen.

Thanks in advance.

Timichio

Unfortunately no, it happens in both single player mode and multiplayer mode.

I've got an optical mouse, I'll check with my other mouse to see if it makes a difference. The strange thing is that I haven't noticed any problems like this in other games.

Timichio

I've just tried it with a regular mouse and it worked fine, so I thought it was that, but it also works with the optical mouse as well. One thing I forgot to mention was that it also happened with keyboard scrolling too.

Just for future reference, incase the same thing happens again, does anyone have an idea as to why this would happen, only in Warcraft during gameplay.

Thanks.

hav u tried messin around wid graphics settings etc? by the spec. of ur pc it shudnt matter
:p but try anyway

Timichio

It only appeared to happen in Warcraft, but also twice I noticed something similar in Knights of the Old Republic where the character would jump forward a certain distance, like lag without the lag, if that makes any sense. That only happened twice though.

I did try it at 800*600 after a reinstall and it didn't work. Following that bizzarely it suddenly started working again. I just can't figure it out! Looks like this one is going to be a mystery guys!

Thanks for all your help.

Crap! I'm having the exact same problem now. Happened a few months ago so I stopped playing. Then it wouldn't let me fully install the game (it stopped around 45% randomly). I've finally gotten the game to install and play, however, I'm having the same problem with the mouse/keyboard jumping the screen all over the place.
If you have any idea what you did to fix it I would appreciate the info.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online