1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Warcraft II & Banlist

Discussion in 'Games' started by blaqDeaph, Jun 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. blaqDeaph

blaqDeaph Thread Starter

Hi,

I've been playing Warcraft III and there's this annoying little program called banlist, where people can find out what country you are in. Are there any programs that can prevent this program from detecting which country I am coming from?

Thanks.

2. jeck forey

jeck forey

I have played WC3 for many years and have never heard of a way, if there is it would be news to me. You just need to find the right games where they don't check.

3. blaqDeaph

blaqDeaph Thread Starter

But it's still kinda annoying though, yea there are games that dont check. But all the same it kinda peeves me that someone can do that.

4. blaqDeaph

blaqDeaph Thread Starter

Anyone?

5. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    This program is created to make an effort at keeping your Warcraft III custom games (for example DotA) free of notorious leavers. Thereby it offers a local database (to which you can add people yourself) to alert you when a "leaver" joins your game or someone you've kept some information about.

Sounds like they are trying to ban bad people.

6. coolboy0286

coolboy0286

Do you wish to find a program because many dota hosts say US/CA only? If so, tough luck, banlist keeps a iq database, the command /fromall takes the ips of every player except the one using banlist, compare it to the database, and tells where you are from, a proxy would probably work, but I don't think its worth spending that much trouble for.

7. blaqDeaph

blaqDeaph Thread Starter

It's not a problem because my ISP gives me a different IP when I log in. The problem comes cuz I just find it annoying that some noobs misuse the banlist option.

8. coolboy0286

coolboy0286

Then Im afraid theres nothing you can do, if that's your problem, I suggest you take it to their website.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/590214

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice