Warcraft II LAN Help...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bo_diddy

Hey Guys,

I'm a long time fan of Warcraft III and just recently went out and bought Warcraft II - Battle.net Edition however theres a slight problem. I want to LAN this game over computers using Windows XP through a standard network hub (and in some instances router) but I dont know how to do it. I have seen some forums on this site actually dealing with this problem but the links that hold the answers have been out-dated and no longer work. So I was hoping if anyone actually KNEW how to sucessfully LAN Warcraft II and if you do could you please help me out? Thanks heaps!

I don't actually have the game, but this is what I would assume you have to do:

First, make sure all the computers can "see" each other. I usually do this by setting up shared folders on each computer and making sure I can send files to each one.

Then, start a multiplayer game in WCII. Probably with the IPX connection, because I don't think TCP/IP was used until StarCraft.

If the game doesn't show up on the other computers' lists, then try manually connecting to the game with your computers' IP address.

bo_diddy

Hi!

My computers can see one another fine. I tried the ICP connection but the game wasnt showing up on the non-hosting computer. Is there a way I'm suppose to turn on IPX Networking or something?

If so how do I do it? Also how would I 'manually' connect the computers using their IP address'? Thanks for your help...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online