1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne

Discussion in 'Games' started by [WotS] Apples, Feb 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. [WotS] Apples

[WotS] Apples Thread Starter

So far my problem has only happened for TFT. I've installed ROC and everything went well.

I've tried many times to install TFT onto my computer after installing ROC. When I got to the part where I was installing TFT, it gave me various results:
    1) stuck at c:\program files\warcraft III\war3.mpq [first bar - 1/3, second bar - middle]
    2) no disc in Drive E [which there was]
    3) Warcraft III: ROC was not installed [which was]

After asking for help in the Windows XP section [http://forums.techguy.org/windows-nt-2000-xp/542197-weird-problem.html], my problem now is only #1. Everytime I try to install TFT, it gets stuck at the same spot it always does. If I recall correctly, it doesn't take this long to install TFT. So, I'm wondering how I can fix this problem and actually install TFT fully.

Another weird problem.. If I insert the TFT cd in Drive D, it gets stuck around the middle [second bar]. But if I insert the TFT cd in Drive E, it goes a bit further, kinda two-thirds.

2. terreboo

terreboo

try making an image of the disk and then installing it with that

3. [WotS] Apples

Hm, I think my CD is scratched, that's why I can't install it. If it still doesn't work after I get a cd from my cousins, then I'll ask for help again. Thanks anyways.

edit: nvm, i somehow spent some time cleaning the back of the cd and it works now. thanks.

4. CrAzYHeAd93

CrAzYHeAd93

i know exactly whats happening, do you have any norton things?

5. [WotS] Apples

Uhm, it's already done. I fixed it already. Thanks anyways.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!