1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Warning About Intel Extreme Graphics 2 Drivers 14.2(6.14.10.3792)

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by flavallee, Apr 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor Thread Starter

First Name:
    Frank
    If your computer has an "on-board" Intel display adapter and uses the Intel Extreme Graphics 2 drivers, version 14.2(6.14.10.3792) was released today to replace version 14.1(6.14.10.3762).

After installing the new version and rebooting, my HP N5495 laptop with Windows XP refused to go beyond a black screen. I went into safe mode and reinstalled it, then rebooted again, but still no luck. I went into safe mode a second time and attempted to roll back to the old version, but the rollback function did not work. I went into safe mode a third time and installed the old version(which I always save), then rebooted. Everything returned to normal.

This post is just to warn everyone of what I went through and what might possibly happen to you.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!