1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

WARNING! MSN Virus!

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by ACA529, Jul 10, 2007.

Advertisement
  1. ACA529

ACA529 Thread Starter

Hello everyone,

I have recently gottten two of these messages from my contacts on MSN. Do not click the link! It is a virus and it will keep spreading it to people on your contact list. I did a whois search on the domain name impichost.net and the website is hosted on an off-shore server. (Screenshot attached)

This virus/trojan/whatever it is is getting more and more common. Watch out people!

Attached Files:

• ian1.PNG
      ian1.PNG
      File size:
      80.1 KB
      Views:
  2. DarqueMist

DarqueMist

its not new seen it before but going to a different host.
    Seems like this one periodically renews itself as soon as people start forgetting about it :rolleyes:

3. livi_bivi

livi_bivi

I have this virus and i cant get rid of it. Please help. :(

4. izme

izme

5. izme

izme

WARNING! MSN Virus!

gee...where have I heard that before? :D

6. livi_bivi

livi_bivi

7. angelize56

angelize56 Always remembered in our hearts

Welcome to TSG livi_bivi...do you have the program HijackThis? If so...run it and post the log in your thread in Security!

8. livi_bivi

livi_bivi

Hijackthis wouldn't run because the virus closes any applications it doesnt like so i had use a different program hope that is ok im scared i will have to ghost back to factory settings but its only a new computer so yeah but still.

9. sherwelbuilding

sherwelbuilding

google impichost, the first link is your answer
    in fact here it is:
    http://stu-the-tiger.livejournal.com/

BTW what do you mean by "ghost back"? if you're thinking of doing a system restore forget it. the virus locked it and you will need to reactivate it once the virus is completely removed.
    follow the instructions in livejournal and everything should be ok
    I recommend EVERYBODY here to download the starter program listed there. its way better than hijack this as it detects everyhting that is going on in the background and if you are familiar with the processes, you will know which processes are viral and which ones aren't.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/594118

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice