Warning page pop-up

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

spook34

My question may fall into your motto category.
My operating system is Windows XP and my web browser is Internet Explorer.

Problem: Every time I log onto the Internet and click on Internet Explorer, a warning page immediately pops up which tells me my computer information has been recorded and that my computer is not secure. It proves this by ejecting my CD-ROM drive several times. Then it says that this security problem can be eliminated by purchasing their Internet AntiSpy software.

Are you familiar with this? Should I be concerned? How can I get rid of this message? Like I said, it appears everytime I log onto the Internet.

I can give you the web address associated with this pop-up ad if you need it.

cybertech

Retired Moderator
Download Hijackthis.
Create a folder on your hard drive and save it there.
Unzip the file and extract it to the folder you have created.
Scan your machine, then click on Save Log.

Post a copy back here and someone will be happy to review it.

Don't make any changes until instructed to do so.

First:

Download Adaware.
Check for updates, then scan. Remove all entries.

Second:

Download Spybot Search & Destroy.
Check for updates, then scan. remove all entries.

Third
Download Hijack This(If you don't already have it)
Hit "Scan", but DO NOT CHECK OR FIX ANY OF THE RESULTS.
Instead, hit "Save Log", then open the file that is created with Notepad, copy it, and post it to us here on the forums.

The experts can then look at what the other spyware killers did not find, and help you in removing any leftover nasties.

The opening and closing of the CDROM is a simple VBScript command with an embedded invisible media player in the page with no data in it. Their just trying to scare you into buying it though you probably have some sort of adware or spyware if your getting this popup every time you open your browser

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online