***warning***

LightningBolt

I just got a new computer for the home & even though I work at a computer all day long doing CAD/CAM work, I really don't know much about hardware/software/periphials & all their closely guarded secrets known only by the knowledgeable folks here at TSG! :)

So... with that being said, consider this a fair ***WARNING*** that I'm probably... no, I'm sure I will... be asking some pretty lame & utterly insane off the wall questions that I'm sure will send some of you into uncontrollable fits of laughter. :D

I really want to learn all I can... so please be patient.

Consider yourself warned.... :)

pyritechips

Jim
Gone but Never Forgotten
I really want to learn all I can
You wanna learn huh?

Lesson 1: Walk softly and carry a big stick (especially in Random).

Lesson 2: If some good looking lady here says, "Hey, wanna see my pool?" say: "Yes!"

Lesson 3: If any lawyers offer to help say: "No thanks!" They will talk for hours while saying nothing and sneak your wallet out of your pocket while doing it.

Thanks for the warning LB - and I'll try to control my giggles. But I have a feeling you won't be as bad as you think you'll be. ;)

Dave....
We won't laugh at you.....we'll laugh with you ;) don't underestimate yourself !!
Tell us about your new toy. :)

T

Tuppence2

Below is what is on the Home Page of the Site, so don't worry about it. Ask whatever dumb question you like:D

"There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer."

Look forward to your questions!:cool:

LightningBolt

Thanks! :)

I got a Dell 2350, Pentium 4, 2.0Ghz, 256mb sdram, 40gb hard drive, dual 48x cd/burner drives, 17" monitor, Harman Kardon speakers with subwoofer.

Now.... Maybe I'll venture into Random after dark... & see what really goes on! :D

LB
Sounds like a nice system. The only thing I personally would have changed is the dual burners. I would have wanted a dvd drive instead.

As far as coming in here after dark, It might get scary:D

LANMaster

Banned
Originally posted by LightningBolt:
I got a Dell 2350, Pentium 4, 2.0Ghz, 256mb sdram, 40gb hard drive, dual 48x cd/burner drives, 17" monitor, Harman Kardon speakers with subwoofer.:D
Tim "The Tool Man" Taylor
"uuugh, uuugh, uuugh"
:D

I got a Dell 2350, Pentium 4, 2.0Ghz, 256mb sdram, 40gb hard drive, dual 48x cd/burner drives, 17" monitor, Harman Kardon speakers with subwoofer.
Do yourself a favor and go buy some more ram. :D :D

gotta agree with the deuce on that one, check here, unless you have 800MHz ram the most it'll cost ya is $57 to double your RAM

Another thing to consider - will you be doing any CAD/CAM work at home???? Memory is not hard to install. Just a thought. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online