1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Was Arafat Murdered?

Discussion in 'Controversial Topics' started by pyritechips, Jul 7, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. pyritechips

pyritechips Jim Thread Starter

2. ekim68

ekim68 Mike

Assassinations have always been Political, or Religious, eh? :cool:

3. aka Brett

aka Brett Banned

what is the original claim for cause of death

4. nittiley

nittiley Banned

looks possible :eek:
    although there is likely a good bit in human history where meetings of diplomacy were a guise for something else :(.

not sure if this historical situation applies, since it's short on details.

polonium-210 makes the situation more efficient & deadly than in times past. :eek: eeeeeek -- definitely not human progress!!

5. buffoon

buffoon

There lies the rub, a satisfactory diagnosis was never supplied.

6. buffoon

buffoon

High likelihood that he was (some go so far as to say he certainly should have been).

Question is who dunit.

Made himself a nice long list of potential candidates in his time.

7. Bastiat

Bastiat

God I hope so!

8. Littlefield

Littlefield

Indeed :D

9. nittiley

nittiley Banned

wonder what kind of *explanations* will result, given the above?

same source as above.
    is the exhumation simply to bring attention to his death (for some other reason than to solve it, anti-diplomacy or ?) then?

10. Wino

Wino

I'm a firm believer in leaving sleeping dogs lie.:rolleyes:

11. 1956brother

1956brother

i agree with wino...

nobody in the middle east has benefited with the death of arafat.

assassinations are very passe. today, they just arrest the opposition and throw them in jail unless, you are from pakistan.

12. ekim68

ekim68 Mike

It's probably a slow News Day, Week, Month...

13. nittiley

nittiley Banned

letting sleeping dogs lie is exactly what makes me curious why stirring up anything in the oh-so-volatile middle east would happen? (although if you're the person with the murdered spouse, you'd definitely want justice.)

wonder why assassinations & incarcerations can't be passe, with more diplomacy instead?

& someone can fill slow news days better, can't they?

ok, dreaming over! ;)

14. pyritechips

pyritechips Jim Thread Starter

That first bolded comment bothered me but I didn't know why when I first read it, but now re-reading it along with the seconded bolded comment made me realize why. I think it comes down to a parochial bias. Arafat and the Palestinians have long been demonized as terrorists (and I am NOT reopening that argument here!) so the "dog" metaphor seems apropos to anybody supporting that belief. Let's consider the sudden demise of, hypothetically speaking, George Bush junior wherein the cause of death was inconclusive, ie. a mystery, then years later a possible method and agent was discovered. How many people would say "let sleeping dogs lie"?

15. nittiley

nittiley Banned

i didn't think much of the expression, other than to leave well enough alone, but i'm glad you pointed it up! it's definitely a expression that it's better not to use in this situation.. maybe not in many others as well?

i certainly didn't infer any demonization (canine-ization?) of any palestinians. i've worked with both arab & jewish people, and find them both to be wonderful, delightful people. i realise it's completely naive to believe or hope they'll ever get along, but knowing both cultures as an *outsider* it's truly a shame they don't have peaceful relations.:(

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1060024