1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Was I hacked?

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Rat_Attack, Nov 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Rat_Attack

Rat_Attack Thread Starter

A strange thing just happened and I am wondering was I hacked?
    I was downloading a couple of files from "File Planet" when both downloads stopped.. I tried to browse a couple of pages at the fileplanet site and couldnt connect..so i tried to start a download in "Morpheus" and could not connect..all the while the indicator for the bytes sent on the taskbar was sending.. I sat and watched with nothing d/loading or sending and still I seemed to be sending info out....so I ask was it a glitch or was some one accessing my computer?
    The only way i stopped it was to disconnect from the net then reconnect..every thing seemed fine after that..

2. $teve

$teve

ok rat..........just to be on the safe side,go here and download "the cleaner" its a 30 day trail program and will scan your system for trojans,let us know what happens.

www.moosoft.com

good luck.

3. beach51

beach51

Hi Rat_Attack,Could be some spyware calling home.I know File Planet has some spyware on it but am not sure which ones they use.Might be a good idea to check for spyware.Download Ad-aware 5.6,run it and see what it finds.

http://www.lavasoftusa.com

Also go to your startup in msconfig,and see if you anything in there.If your not sure you can post your startup back here,and we can see if you have spyware.

4. Rat_Attack

Rat_Attack Thread Starter

Didnt get to try out your suggestions guys as my comp kept crashing after that night...ended up doing a reformat, all is fine now.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/58522

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice