Was is this "loops" on network cables?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dcteam

I've heard from someone that having more "loops" on the cable increases the ethernet speed?
I haven't really understand what he was saying back then that's why I don't even know
what to search on the internet. Does this kind of thing exist? If so, then how does it work?

I can't say I've ever heard that term being applied in terms of cabling. I'm guessing someone may just be pulling your leg.

zx10guy

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Ditto or they just don't know what they're talking about.

If they're talking about switch loops, then they really don't know what they're talking about.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online