1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Was using a ps4 controller and now audio driver has an error

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Billythekid676, Dec 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Billythekid676

Billythekid676 Thread Starter

I was using a ps4 controller for a little while and then suddenly sound stopped coming through my headphones. I checked device manager and it said that the driver has an error. I was told to uninstall the driver and then reinstall it but I don't know which driver has the error and where I would even go about reinstalling it.
    Sound still comes through my speakers, which is good, but it sucks that nothing comes out of my headphones.

2. kenbok51

kenbok51

The ps4 controller has no sound capability so it's drivers should not be an issue. Most likely its the motherboards audio drivers you need to reinstall they might have become corrupted some how. Another thing would be if you have a sound card in the motherboard slots instead of on board sound then that would need reinstalling. The only other thing I can think of right now would be if you were inside the case doing a cleaning and accidentally knocked the front case sound connector loose.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1201574

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice