1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Was wondering..........

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by danielno8, Jan 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. danielno8

danielno8 Thread Starter

Hi, i have just built the first part of my first PC. I have an elite K7S5A, Athlon XP 2000 heatsink and stuff.i was just wondering, could anyone recommend me an average(ish) Graphics card for that. about 64MB DDR should do.

Thanks

Daniel

2. dud

dud Guest

Well there are many to choose from as is usual whenever you want to buy anything these days but all I can say is make sure you get an AGP version and go for a Nvidia chip model.
    The Geforce 4 series is probably what you're looking for, but don't get on from the MX range.
    The actual model will obviously depend on your budget but a decent Ti card can be bought for something in the region of £90 - £120.
    You also need to take into consideration what you want it for as well as some come with Video in and out or TV or Dual head etc etc..
    HTH
    :D

3. danielno8

danielno8 Thread Starter

Thanks fo replying.I want TV-OUT.But what is wrong with the MX range??i was looking at the MX-460.I definately want it to be an AGP card.

Thanks again

Daniel

4. carltasha

carltasha

The MX models of the G4 card use the G3 chip and the G4 TI 4200 is a better buy for about the same cash. check here ,,, http://www.tomshardware.com/ ...

5. dud

dud Guest

Hi Daniel... sorry about that, I didn't make myself very clear. If you can afford it spend a few more quid (bucks?) and go for the superior Ti range.. There's not actually anything wrong with the MX, it's just the ti are better for not much more money.
    ;)
    Cheers

6. danielno8

danielno8 Thread Starter

hey, thats cool.When i checked the prices of the Ti range they were over double that of the MX range!!I dont really want to pay that much more for a Graphics card cos i dnt think i would need its full potential.Are you from UK?If u are where do you buy your components and stuff?All i really need to get now is Graphics card and RAM.So have just been looking about for that. What spec is your computer?i'm gonna be so scared when i switch mine on incase i totally fry the CPU or something!!!lol

Thanks

Daniel

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!