1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

washing my clothes....

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by PEP, Jan 31, 2007.

Advertisement
  1. PEP

PEP Banned Thread Starter

my mom has gone of the edge.... JUST because i play games she decided to make me fully support myself all alone... well except for money and stuff....

i gotta buy my own food, for one thing..... im MOSTLY okay with that...
    but i also gotta wash my own clothes... and thats new.... i chekced on a website or two and i get the point with the lights and darks and all that... my problem is with the washing machine that we have... it's an avanti washing machine and its pretty simple but i still dont get a thing or two..

it has these little lights with this written next to them:

hot, cold
    these are obvious....

high,medium,low,extra low
    i think these are for the power of the wash so white clothes, and rough ones like jeans can go high, and lights and darks can go medium, while delicate sweaters and stuff can go low....

soak,wash,rinse,spin
    this eludes me... shouldnt the only option be wash??? and wont it spin automatically or is this liek a stick shift car where everything is manual and you gotta tell it when to spin and rinse and stuff....

fuzzy, heavy, speedy, wool
    im guessing heavy is for jeans and such??
    i dont get fuzzy and speedy much unless speedy is like a quick wash but wont that leave the clothes kinda dirty.... andwool i think is pretty obvious...

theres also these 5 buttons..
    delay time
    WHY DELAY THE TIME??? for teh detergent to mix with the water well??? !!!!?!?!?!?!
    water supply
    OKAY my mom jsut fills it up with bucketfulls of hot or cold water cause there is something wrong with the machine i think, so this should matter to me then right??
    water level
    I really dont get how you can set a water lvl... sob :(
    function
    is this used to make the chises or something??
    course
    ehhh maybe this solves the manual problem by choosing the path the washing machine takes in its washing...

and last 2 buttons...
    START/PAUSE
    why would you pause and is it smart to pause it??
    STOP
    i really dont see the point in stopping

Theres a tube going form themachine to the sink to get excess water out or something, if it matters to anyone...

plz help i jsut know theres people o nthis forum who wash their own clothes :)
    and i cant spend too much time figuring it out .. i mean i DO have school... and i still need time to play :) yea yea im hopeless....

2. iltos

iltos

this is a pretty funny post....and you sound....well, more desparate than serious, i guess.....

so...what about momma?....pull her back up over the edge and ask her....it's her machine...

3. lexmarks567

lexmarks567

4. Bush Lady

Bush Lady

He can't make to much of a mistake when washing laundry. He is using an automatic washing machine, it's not as if he has a ringer-washer. That after he finished washing the clothes, he has to rinse the soap out by hand. :eek:

Just don't put something that fades in hot water. ;)

5. valley

valley

well if you're over 18 then you can be thankful that you're just paying for food and you arent being made to pay rent too. ;)

actually, i thought it referred to water levels...I have a similar setting on mine. If i have a handful of items to wash, I set it on low so only a small amount of water goes into the machine. If i have a full load, I set it to High so it fills all the way to the top. You can wash just one item on "extra low"...and it only takes a minute or two for a couple of gallons of water to come in and do its job then, spin, rinse and spin again so you can get on with the drying.

Check into it next time you are washing a load. It would be a shame if you were using a whole machine full of water to wash a couple of things. But since you're not used to washing your own clothes, i'm thinking that maybe you store it all up until you're out of everything so keeping that setting on "high" would be fine for you, if thats the case. :)

soak=sometimes you have to put stain remover on an item and let it soak for an hour or more to help the stain to come out.
    wash=obvious
    rinse=maybe you have something clean and wrinkly or slightly musty that just needs to be freshened up a bit...so you rinse it then toss it in the dryer with a fabric sheet.
    spin= sometimes one cycle isnt enough and the clothes come out wetter than they should (especially heavy loads of jeans and towels and such) If you run it through the spin cycle a second time, it will dry faster in your dryer....a good thing to remember if you need your clothes to be dried in a hurry.

You can either use these features separately or set it up so it goes through the entire process on its own.

Maybe its so you can set the machine to start at a later time when you leave the house so you dont have to listen to it?

Pause= so you can put liquid fabric softener in it after the wash cycle and before the rinse cycle (if you dont use the dryer sheets, that is).

Let me try and make the sounds for you.....

squeeaaaaaaak.....grind.....ka-thump, ka-thump, ka-thump....clink clink clink....

sometimes you just gotta stop it to see what it making all of the racket. Its usually off-balance (too many heavy clothes get balled up on one side of the machine and it sounds like its about to lift-off)

is this machine in a basement? Sounds like the setup my sister had. Ours drains directly into our septic tank and then runs out through the leachfield, which disperses it into the soil.

LOL...good luck to you. You'll get it figured out eventually. :D

:)

6. BanditFlyer

BanditFlyer

PEP, you are, without doubt, one of TSG's most entertaining posters. (y)

So, now you have to fully support yourself, all alone, well, except for money .... and stuff.

I seriously get can't stop myself from smiling when thinking about some of the threads you've started here.

May your cup overfloweth with joy. (y)

7. lexmarks567

lexmarks567

hes 16 and according to his profile I can see why shes gone of the edge :D

8. valley

valley

LOL...maybe its because he sleeps a lot then! :D

Hey Pep...it might help you to know that young ladies will be impressed with a guy that can do laundry! This new ability could very well help you to attract a Mrs. Pep some day! ;)

9. valley

valley

and a big Hi to bandit! *waves frantically* :):):)

10. iltos

iltos

lol, bandit (y)

you two are running neck and neck for that entertainment thing

<chuckle>

11. Gabriel

Gabriel Account Closed

Oh how cute:) :p :p

12. Guyzer

Guyzer

First Name:
    Guy
    Wait until she stops dressing you... the gals are gunna kill themselves. :D

13. BanditFlyer

BanditFlyer

Hi Valley! :)

Thanks, Iltos! (y)

Wimpy, that's getting you a post of the day nomination. :D

14. Gabriel

Gabriel Account Closed

OMG Wimpy...:p :p :p ...you did not say that:p :p

15. poochee

poochee

This is funny!:D

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/540074

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice