1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Watching videos on my PC lags all the time

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gambit4life, Jul 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gambit4life

gambit4life Thread Starter

Everytime I try to watch a video on my PC, it always lags. It goes very slow, the video always drags and its never in sync with the audio. It also does the same thing when I try to watch videos on youtube and it takes forever to load. It basically does this on any video I want to watch. I know my PC is crap but this is really pissing me off.

This should be in Multimedia not Hardware - sry about that

2. Duckman69

Duckman69

if you know your pc is crap well thats your answer its a older computer and cant handle either all the other processes running while you watch the videos or just cant handle the video at all with the system in its current state... i could give you a few tips to help you get it running (probably smoother, nothing is garented here but its worth a shot if you dont plan to pay for upgrades)

You must have a reinstall CD to go anyfurther

1st if you have had the pc for a few years you have alot of cluster space on the HD you probally didnt even know is there (all those files you deleted from the reclying bin ... most are still there in the background... formatted? doesnt matter... that helps but not as much as you think...)

Ok so yes if that is your case... you want to download DBaN from http://dban.sourceforge.net/

theres a version for CD & Floppy you need 1 or the other if you cant do this have a friend do it for you that can burn cd's... save all files you really need to cd or another drive ...
    now that your backed up your ready pop in the disc and let it boot up (if it doesnt post back and ill tell you how to change bios seettings to make it)... hit F3 choose either dod, or guttmann (just type either 1 and hit enter... now leave your pc to format overnight (i have stoped DBaN on its (20-25 of 35th cycle (about 9 hours or so on this machine)) ... now your ready to reinstall windows.. pop your cd in, install however you want ...

(after you reinstall windows make sure you dont click add tray icon on the installations they will auto boot with computer & help sowl down pc) you may also want to do a disk defrag for teh heck of it wont matter much after all that but w/e... you can also get something to help manage your ram... there are tools out there to deticate your ram to specfic programs... i dont know of any but im sure you could find some... i have used free ramXP tho which when you run the small utility it free's up tied up ram that is no longer is use...

If this works and you can view videos more smoothly you may want to keep a smooth by using an old hard drive or spare or if you find a computer being thrown out gran it & take 1... store all your files on that drive & that way they dont tie up the main drive... you should use dban on the new drive as well if its used... hope this helped some...
    ~later

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/591149

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice