1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Watching your web page for changes

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by KimbH, Oct 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. KimbH

KimbH Thread Starter

Recently myself and my business partners web hosting company was hacked. Many site where totally deleted. Ourselves we both got hit with "hidden text" which killed our sites on ranking on search engines. We have nearly all our web sites moved to another company with managed hosting for more protection. However we heard their are sites you can use to watch your web site so that if any changes are made you are alerted via email.

I have heard of http://watchthatpage.com however I was wonder if any of you had any good recommendation of product to watch a site for changes made.

Something to alert us if someone does change something. Our managed hosting offers a service to watch for removal, hackers etc but not for coding changes. I hope this move has made us save however I would still feel better using any watch programs I can find.

Thank you for any advice
    Kimberly

2. haswalt

haswalt

well you could write your own to check the page last modified date.

Also monitor your logs for logins.

In over 7 years of business i've never had a problem and i always check my logs incase i see someone login that shouldn;t

That and keep a backup of EVERYTHING!

3. KimbH

KimbH Thread Starter

Excellent idea!! Now to find that log :)

I moved host to manage hosting but I still want to watch closer.

I always keep back-ups with extra copies on CD's.

Thank you

4. haswalt

haswalt

how much access do you have to the host server? you say managed hosting, is that chared or just a managed server?

Also if it is running cPanel of Plesk there is a log in there of all logins etc on the account.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/643814

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice