1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Water cooled 8800GT

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Gulo Luseus, Feb 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gulo Luseus

Gulo Luseus Thread Starter

I just finished installing water coolers ( a Coolermaster Aquagate) to my SLI system, on the 8800GT's. It want a "want it" mod, I was having probs with overheating, and geting major artifacting. It seems to have solved the problem quite well :)
    Question is, on the original cooler system, yje memory chips were also receiving heat sink cooling from the original cooler. Now, I have 2x 120mm fans blowing directly over the cards, and a 140 floor mounted fan blowing onto them, will this be enough to keep them cool or do I need to look at instaling some additional heat sinks? No problems after a 12 hour run, but I would prefer to be safe. Any ideas? :)

2. slader

slader

I doubt you would have to worry about adding additional heat sinks, sounds like you have it cooled from every angle as it stands, I have the 8800 GTS in a dell e521 it’s a compact case, and I just added one additional fan. It's been running for almost 3 months now and I have had no issues even playing Crysis.

3. Gulo Luseus

Gulo Luseus Thread Starter

Cheers for the reply... the only concern i had was that the mem chips, arranged in a semi circle around th emain GPU, were heat sinked on the original fan. I cannot see that heat build up in the mem would really be that likely, but with these, you never really know. Before the w/c went in, I was starting to get a lot of lockups, black screens, and such like, since the w/c, havent had any (touch wood). I have to admit it does lok a bit weird, almost a bare bones effect, but damn, I love water cooling!
    Hmmm.. Now, can I put a couple of pelts in there? That should be interesting, eh?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/681184

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice