1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Water cooled cpu at 100 degrees celsius all the time

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Matt345, Nov 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Matt345

Matt345 Thread Starter

I finally built myself a new gaming pc today, and it turned out great! I've been installing everal games, prgrams, etc for a while and installed MSI afterburner. I noticed my 6 core cpu was always at 97 to 100 degreed celsius. I thought that was strange because I'm using a corsair H60 water cooler with an AF120 fan. One strange thing is the LED on the pump is off, and I know those fans aren't the greatest as they're pretty loud but the cpu shouldn't be getting temps that high. The air coming out of the pc is cool so I'm pretty confused. My specs are:

Intel i5 1600k
    Corsair H60 w/ AF120 fan (using stock thermal paste)
    GTX 1070 founders edition
    Asus prime z370-A
    16gb ddr4 corsair vengeance

I can send pics if needed

2. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Download, install and run Speccy. Click File > Publish Snapshot > Yes > Copy to Clipboard and then paste in the URL you just copied into a Reply to this thread.

3. Matt345

Matt345 Thread Starter

I’m actually an idiot. The pump wasn’t plugged in. I did that and the temps are high 20s and low 30s now.

4. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Love good news! (y)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1218978

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice