1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Water Cooled??

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by aomdmm, Apr 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. aomdmm

aomdmm Thread Starter

Ok, I know alot of you... most of you... do not really like the idea of water cooling--at least from what I've read. And quite frankly it sounds pretty iffy to me, I mean, water and electronics??
    But suppose, hypothetically speaking of course, that I wanted to water cool this new computer I'm building...what exactly will I need? Do I need a special case for the sizing requirements? What equipment will I need to accomplish this? And most importantly what steps can I take (other than not using it ;) ) to keep from frying my system due to a water leakage?

Thanks!

2. Gus Goober

Gus Goober

Here is a site that has some different setups.

http://www.crazypc.com/products/cooling/watercooling.htm#kits

I don't really know anything about the water cooling systems. How much cooler do they make the cpu than a good heatsink and fan? Like you said also about leaks, how good are they, how long will they last. It sounds like they could be more problem than good.

I know there are people on here that have them and they could probably tell you how theirs have been.

3. ballpark570

ballpark570

Me personally, I am holding out untill they get the liquid nitrogen direct core injection sytem onto the market before I jump in..............

4. aomdmm

aomdmm Thread Starter

thats gonna be an extraordinarily expensive route, if and when it ever hits the market

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/356993

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice