water on laptop keyboard...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sholvsca

Hi guys.

I have read some other posts about this and everyone else seems to have a much happier story than I do!

spilled water on the keyboard of my Compaq (couldn't tell you what model though), won't go into how stupid i am. you all know already.

anyway it worked fine for a few days after that; turned on and off fine etc, all keys working, sound working, no symptoms at all so I thought yay! I have escaped the inevitable. I was wrong. Which consequently led me to do another ridiculously stupid action. The battery died so I plugged it into the charger, pressed on....nothing. It will not turn on no matter what I do, the little light that shows that the charger is plugged in doesn't light up either. So I am assuming the worst, but don't know what to do. I removed the battery and opened all the little openable compartments at the back to see if there was anything obvious or burning smell or anything but no. There is a small patch of rust on one of the little screws but it looks too old to be from this incident (it is secondhand).

Im screwed, amn't I? :(

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
What's the part/product number on the sticker of that Compaq laptop?

---------------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online