1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Water spilled on laptop, no longer turns on

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Saturnexia, Jan 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saturnexia

Saturnexia Thread Starter

Hello~

A while back I had fallen asleep while using my laptop (it's an Acer one) and this resulted in me accidentally knocking a glass of water near me over and it getting on my laptop. I immediately was woken up and I wiped up the spilled water on it and tilted it on its side so any excess water would drip off. The laptop still worked but then I, not knowing what else to do, clicked it off and since then has never turned on again. I would have taken the battery out but there is no outside compartment, the whole bottom of the device is screwed on with a bunch of screws. I guess what I am asking is, is if the device is just done for or if theres hope and to take it to a repair store?? All I really want from it are the photographs I uploaded on there.

Thanks in advance!
    ~Saturn

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

You can remove the hard drive, put it in a drive caddy and mount it on another PC and copy the photos .

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1221263

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice