1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Water stains inside note book screen

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by blake_lives, Aug 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. blake_lives

blake_lives Thread Starter

Hi,

Yesterday morning my nephew spilt juice on my note book... his mother managed to get it off the keyboard ok but when wiping it off the screen she managed to somehow get water underneath the screen, I guess through the edges. This resulted in a few "bright" areas on the screen where a "water mark" is very noticeable. Sine yesterday afternoon the areas have evaporated a bit, but there's still some marks that are remaining... I was wondering if anyone else had ever experienced this and what the outcome was? Or if there's any way to help the water out?

Thanks

2. EasY_TargeT

EasY_TargeT

Umm, try to take a hair dryer too it, on a low setting to help evaporate the rest of the water mark. Youll want to get that off asap or it could become permanent. You could try to take the case around the lcd off, but that can be tricky and will void your warranty if you still have one. But if you do use a hair dryer beware, a medium heat is best with a low fan blow.

3. seekermeister

seekermeister

No experience with it, but I would think that the juice would leave a residue after drying. Maybe you should take it to a shop for a cleaning.

4. blake_lives

blake_lives Thread Starter

no the juice is gone...but my nephew's mother used a cloth soaked in water which seeped into the sides

5. GenesisJLS

GenesisJLS

The same thing just happened to me but with rubbing alcohol. Any ideas on what I could do?

6. win2kpro

win2kpro

GenesisJLS, not to be rude, but you should start a new thread regarding your specific problem. It's very hard to address 2 issues from different members on the same thread. You can click on the red triangle in the upper right hand corner of the dialog box and request that a moderator start you a new thread, then all the replies will deal strictly with your problem.

7. gmcsierra99

gmcsierra99 Banned

yeahh, genesis, start your own threads about your problems, dont hijack others threads...i dont your new and dont know this...

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/494847

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice