1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Water Taxis & Others Waterfront Things...

Discussion in 'Photo Album' started by Guyzer, Aug 19, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. Guyzer

Guyzer Thread Starter

Zipping around False Creek in Vancouver are these little water taxis. They base themselves out of an area called Granville Island. It's a area that has all sorts of shops that cater to both the locals and tourists. ( 2 small cups of coffee and a muffin set me back just about 7 clams so it was a darn good thing Mrs.Guyzerr wasn't hungry :eek: ) We arrived there just before 9am and had a hard time finding a place to park our vehicle.

[​IMG]

And this neat looking little tyke

[​IMG]

And these....

[​IMG]

Of course someone always has to outdo the others when it comes to drawing attention to themselves

[​IMG]

This is my idea of a boat!

[​IMG]

A steam ship built around 1920. Very impressive and I wish I could have gotten a bit closer.

[​IMG]

A closeup of it's wheelhouse.

[​IMG]

The Burrard Bridge. Construction started in 1930 and was completed in 1932.

[​IMG]

You won't see workmanship like this anymore.

[​IMG]

This gal was learning to paddle this and a few minutes after I took this shot she pulled out a P&S camera from some secret hiding place and took a shot of her boyfriend who was on another board learning the same thing. I was laughing so hard I forgot to take a picture before she put the camera away. I fully expected her to fall off the board if truth be told.

[​IMG]

This is self explanatory...

[​IMG]

Thanks for lookin'...............

2. Guyzer

Guyzer Thread Starter

I almost forgot something..............

We have to show a seagull... :D

[​IMG]

3. wowzer

wowzer

Beautiful picture Guyzer

Definitely a sucker for water and boats having been around them and worked on them all my life.

The little steamship/tug is very cool :) , as are the water taxis.

Some time maybe I'll bore everyone with some of the boat/marine pictures I've got.

4. poochee

poochee

Neat pics I enjoyed viewing them. The water taxis look like fun.

5. Guyzer

Guyzer Thread Starter

Thanks Pooch

I love hanging around the waterfront but unfortunately it isn't what it once was. Back in the old days ( before 9/11 ) a person could access just about any wharf and shoot to their hearts content. I have stacks of slides that I took back in the 70's of different fishing vessels, tugs, barges and other misc. watercraft. Today everything is fenced off and without the access code you ain't getting in anywhere. It's a sad state of affairs.

You won't bore me with any water type shots that I can assure you of.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1065757