1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Watermark Background Image

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Tarq, Oct 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Tarq

Tarq Thread Starter

Hi, I am doing a project which needs to be done in landscape. I originally started the project in Word as I prefer it over Publisher but it gets difficult when your working with lots of pages moving pages around and inserting and deleting them and so forth so I have moved to Publisher before it gets too complicated. I am using a watermark background effect in word by going to Format > Background > Printed Watermark and I want to still use this in Publisher on all my pages. I went to Format > Background > More Backgrounds.. and then clicked on the Picture Tab. When I applied the image I got a tiled effect with the picture duplicated all over the page instead of the centered watermark one I was looking for, see the snapshot below to see what I mean. Can anyone explain how to get it looking the same as before, I use Word & Publisher 2002.

Thankyou for any replies, please post back ASAP because the project has to be given in on Wednesday (16th).

2. EBSchrader

EBSchrader

I have Word & Publisher 2000 and can only hope that it will work the same for your 2002. Did you click on Picture Tool or Clip Gallery Tool and draw the size of the image you wanted to import? If not, that might be cause of your tiling. When I used that method, I imported a single image and was able to enlarge it as much as I wished.

Publisher Help also provides this information for moving an object into Publisher from another Windows-baed program:
    1. Open or switch to the program that contains the object.
    2. Click to select the object you want to move.
    3. On the Edit menu, click Cut.
    4. Switch back to Publisher.
    5. Open the publication you want to copy to.
    6. Right-click in the workspace, and then click Paste.

It can then be resized by tugging on the *handles* as I did above.

Hope this helps!:)

3. Tarq

Tarq Thread Starter

Hi, I know how to import an image into publisher. Basically I just want a washout background, although I followed your advice anyway, imported the image and found the washout feature in the Picture Properties. I just need to find out how to get the picture behind the text heres a snapshot of my Properties if that helps, thanks for replying so fast....

4. EBSchrader

EBSchrader

Your snapshots aren't showing up.:(

5. Tarq

Tarq Thread Starter

Yeah because the server here is sooooooooooooo slow! It took like 10 minute to upload a JPG and then I got a 500 error! Why do they all praise him like hes a god :confused: I would never have my site hosted at RadioTower or whateva the hell its called put it that way, Geocities is the Ritz compared to that lol. :D He likes to think that Cermak.com is his own little virtual universe

Anyway back to the subject...thats the reason why my screenshot aren't showing and my host dunt allow direct linking, is my text enough to go on or do I need to find another host and host the screenshot there.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!