1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

wav quality

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by wildexpressions, Mar 14, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wildexpressions

wildexpressions Thread Starter

ive noticed that when i convert mp3s into wavs and burn to a disk the sound quality is not very good,it sounds kind of muffled and has lots of bass,i only convert mp3s that are 128 kbps or higher,i use a ricoh 6x,run win 98 on a p2 300 with 128 ram.is there any sound card settings or something i can do to increase the quality of the sound?my sound card is a yamaha opl3 sax.i am in the process of recording all my cds[i have 400 or so]into mp3s for safe keeping,and in the future if i have to replace a cd i want as good as quality possable.

2. ich

ich

What software are you using to convert from MP3? That is probably where your problem is. Look for some kind of quality setting in the software doing the conversion.

------------------
    Finagle's Third Law:
    In any collection of data, the figure most obviously correct, beyond all need of checking, is the mistake.

Schmidt's Observation:
    All other things being equal, a fat person uses more soap than a thin person.

Kamm's law:
    The longer and more detailed the post, the more likely the browser will inexplicably close itself as the clicking finger is just about to hit the post button.

3. wildexpressions

wildexpressions Thread Starter

ich---i use win amp 2.5 to convert my mp3s into wavs,is there a setting in there,do you know?is there a better program to use?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/32580

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice